Thursday, September 3, 2009
TOO MASS (Ruzomberok, Slovakia)
So I have to say, when I found out my favorite Latin house DJ was from Slovakia, I was honestly shocked. Isn't Slovakia cold? Not sure, but it really doesn't matter because this guy is pumping out some tropical deliciousness. In fact, in my recent excursions to the Caribbean, I've put every one of this guys mixes on my ipod to enjoy while sipping blended drinks and watching beautiful caribbean bodies stroll by.
His names Too Mass, and aside from the mixes i've found by him on http://www.deephousemix.com/ I really don't know much more.. He doesn't seem to have a myspace, facebook or any other social network site created. Either way, you can download all his mixes via deephousemix.com, they're essential.
Heres one of my favorites:
FLOR DEL VIDA
mixed by Too Mass
1. Nomumbah - Tudo Que Voce Podia Ser
2. Soulfood feat. Milena Gomez - Palavras
3. Bah Samba - Calma (Louie Vega Mix)
4. Patrick Green feat. Nimba Burr - Qua Tanka (Original Mix)
5. Domenico Ferruggia - Nosso Mundo
6. Patrick Green - Flor Del Mar (Pashaa Summertime Mix)
7. Soneros Del Barrio - Hay Craneo (Urban Magic Mix)
8. Tom & Joyce - Queixume (MAW Main Vocal Mix)
9. Bebel Gilberto - Aganju (Spiritual South Bontempi Repercussion)
10. Elements Of Life feat. Aname - Nos Vida (Original Lv Mix)
TooMass in his own words:
"I have been involved with music since my early school age. I used to only listen to music... After a period of time, I started to dedicate more time to music and spin at various events as a DJ playing various kinds of music.It was in 1999 when everything changed, house music has found me. I was interested in everything about house music - house music genres, DJs etc. I have listened to many radio shows and read magazines about dance/house music.I have met a lot of new friends with whom I later played at regular house music events. I was a resident DJ for about 2 years in a local club with DJs RUMcajZ & MASH. We also used to play at various parties outside of our home town.I have been amazed and influenced by Caribbean and Brazil elements in house music. And because of that, my musical taste have been leaning towards Latin house music in past years. Of course, I have not forgotten about vocal-funky-jazz house which represents the root of house music to me.I have fallen in love with house music. It is my life, my hobby, my relax, my everything ... :)"